Launch of New IAQ objectives Under the Indoor Air Quality Certification Scheme for Offices and Public Places
According to the update from Indoor Air Quality Information Centre, a set of new indoor air quality (IAQ) objectives under the Indoor Air Quality Certification Scheme for Offices and Public Places will be launched on 1 July 2019. IAQ certificate and label with a different design will be issued to premises certified under the new IAQ objectives.
The key updates of the IAQ objectives are shown as follows:
- Three physical parameters (room temperature, relative humidity and air movement) will be removed.
- Good Class IAQ objectives of carbon monoxide (CO), respirable suspended particulates (PM10) and radon will be tightened.
- New short-term IAQ objectives of 1-hour nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and 30-minute formaldehyde will be added.
- Mould will be added as a new parameters.
- The existing IAQ objectives of 10 individual volatile organic compounds (VOCs) will be replaced by five VOCs according to WHO IAQ guidelines.